3.13.13 Scott Teeters on Using The Thinking Mind As An Exquisite Servant For Goal Setting
Our guest is our own Far Out Radio Host, author and artist Scott Teeters. Scott recently published a self illustrated, 28 page, 6,000 word ebook (FREE) on essential skills for goal setting titled: "Far Out Goal Setting."
The topic for this show's interview with Scott is Using The Thinking Mind As An Exquisite Servant For Goal Setting.
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“Mind is the Master power that molds and makes,
And we are Mind, and ever more we take
The tool of Thought, and, shaping what we will,
Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills: —
We thinks in secret, and it comes to pass:
Environment is but our looking-glass.”
– James Allen, from “As A Man Thinketh"
Last time we explored the concept of goal setting and we are expounding on that as a tool for personal growth. The idea of “goal setting” has been around for ages. For a long, long time, it was presented as the three step process of: Thought, Word, and Deed. Think about it. State it in words. And take action.
Author Napoleon Hill popularized goal setting and took it to the next level with his 1937 persnal growth book, “Think and Grow Rich” which went on to inspire countless others. Most just took the concepts from the book and worked them. Great thinkers such as Earl Nightingale, Og Mandino, Zig Zigler, Brian Tracy, Dennis Waitley, Tim Piering, and others expounded upon them.
Somewhere in the ‘90s, a segment of the New Age community began to take some of these concepts in the metaphysical direction. While there is “some” validity to the metaphysical aspect of goal setting to create the life you want, a key component was lost for the most part. The ACTION part.
We’ll be talking about some action oriented tools that you can use that can help clarify your objectives, help you determine what’s uniquely important for you, and develop a plan to get you to where you want to be.
Like all things in Life, there are no guarantees. “Having” a goal and even being actively engaged in moving towards that goal doesn’t mean that you will achieve the goal. But the odds are that you’ll stand a MUCH better chance of realizing your goal WITH a plan than no plan at all, waiting to see how things will turn out.
But at least you will be actively engaged in the direction of your life. – Scott
For more information about James Allen, CLICK HERE.
Quotes From James Allen’s “As A Man Thinketh”
* Men do not attract what they want, but what they are.
* A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.
* Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them your world will at last be built.
* The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors, that which it loves, and also that which it fears. It reaches the height of its cherished aspirations. It falls to the level of its unchastened desires – and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.
* Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.
* Every action and feeling is preceded by a thought.
* Right thinking begins with the words we say to ourselves.
* Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
* You cannot travel within and stand still without.
* As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.
* Every man is where he is by the law of his being; the thoughts which he has built into his character have brought him there, and in the arrangement of his life there is no element of chance, but all is the result of a law which cannot err.
Click HERE to enjoy the The James Allen and Don Miguel Ruiz “As A Man Thinketh” Connection article by Scott Teeters.
You can get your FREE copy of James Allen’s “As A Man Thinketh” HERE.
Click for Your FREE e-book Far Out Goal Setting.
Click on graphics below for FREE e-books from Scott Teeters:
Far Out Radio with Scott and Karen Teeters is broadcast Live from 7pm to 8pm Eastern Time and 4pm to 5pm Pacific Time.
Listen to the archived show for FREE by clicking the “Listen To The Archived Show” link below.
Your audio player will launch the MP3 audio file.
We encourage you to go to your “File” drop down and “Save Page As” to download the MP3.
The files can also be loaded onto your MP3 player, iPod, iPad, Kindle, or SmartPhone and taken with you anywhere you want.
Click Here to Listen to Archived Show, FREE.
(play from any computer, iphone, ipad, tablet, any smart device, anytime,)
Thank you for listening,